A note-taking and organization app from Microsoft
Microsoft created OneNote as a powerful notebook and organization tool. On Android, the app includes dozens of features and capabilities. A smartphone or tablet owner can tune the experience to suit their needs and preferences in moments. Users can take notes, create to-do lists, and even scan written notes into the app. With so many features, OneNote provides an excellent experience few apps match today.
When someone opens OneNote for Android, they're greeted with a blank canvas. He or she chooses how to use the app from that point. Note creation couldn't be more simple, and multiple input options are available. For instance, users can type, handwrite, or even draw out their notes. Individuals that prefer a given input method won't find themselves settling for a method that doesn't suit their needs.
OneNote allows users to sort their notes into groups and categories in seconds. Likewise, it's possible to search through an entire library to find specific notes or text. The app enables deep collaboration between users, regardless of the project. Notes are shareable and synced across multiple devices to aid in collaboration. Another useful feature allows documents and papers to be scanned into the app and converted into a searchable format.
Fans of Evernote and Any.do will love the features that OneNote brings to the tablet. Microsoft has created a powerful organization and collaboration tool. For simple notes, this Android app functions like the rest of them. Microsoft's offering excels by providing countless input options and baking extra features into the core of the app. If a user wants to get organized, than a better option might not be available today.
- Polished and feature-rich experience on Android devices.
- App is incredibly versatile, even compared to competing solutions.
- Powerful in-app search functions.
- Noticeable bugs may affect certain hardware and software setups.
Bug fixes and Performance improvements.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- SET_ALARM: Allows an application to broadcast an Intent to set an alarm for the user.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.